Created: Thursday, 21 September 2017 17:44
What is Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe?
In 1962, a few Evangelical Church leaders came together to form what is now known as the Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe (EFZ). Over the years its membership has grown to over 900 member bodies comprising Denominations, Church Bodies, Ministries and Para-Church Organizations. The Fellowship represents over 4.5 million individual members.
Over the years the EFZ has become a strong, growing and unifying platform for preaching the Gospel, equipping church leaders and facilitating fellowship and joint ministry, meeting the needs of vulnerable communities and being a positive influence in nation-building efforts. Local and International funding partners have played a significant role in assisting the EFZ to fulfil its holistic mandate of being salt and light to the nation; and some of the partners included IOM, Mercy Corps, Higher Life International, Tearfund, Living Water International, World Vision, EU, ISO23, Africare, CCSF and EPOIZ among many others.
An Alliance of Evangelicals impacting the nation by obeying the Great Commission.
Our Mission Statement
To mobilize, empower and network Evangelicals for the accomplishment of the Great Commission in Zimbabwe.
Our Core Values
Our vision and mission are anchored on the following seven core values, which guide behaviour and conduct:
- Missional in orientation
- Unity in diversity
- Integrity in stewardship
- Christo-centric in nature
- Biblical in stance
- Collaborative in execution
- Non-partisan in politics
Our Governance Structure
The Governance and operational structure of the EFZ comprises the following:
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) convenes annually and is the highest policy making body comprising Heads of Denominations (HoDs), and is responsible for transacting AGM business which includes among other things consideration of reports, ratification of pertinent matters and deliberating on the vision and mission of the fellowship.
- National Executive Committee (NEC) is the governing council and its membership comprises the President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary and Committee Members who are Chairpersons of Provincial Committees, the National Chairwoman and National Secretary of the Women’s Committee, and the General Secretary who is an ex-officio member. It is dedicated to advancing EFZ’s mission, values, strategies, policies and priorities.
- Provincial Committees are responsible for decentralized activities at the provincial level, including planning, facilitation, and coordination of programs. They formulate strategy for funding, administration and effective implementation of programs in their respective Districts/Zones and wards.
- Executive Management Committee is a secretariat arm led by the General Secretary, comprising the Heads of Programs, Finance and Human Resources and Administration. It is responsible for day-to-day oversight of the secretariat.
Strategic Goals 2020
- Rediscovering Our Identity
- Rediscovering Our Voice
- Refocusing On Mission
What guides our approach to goals
- Value addition to member experience
- Fellowship in community
- Kingdom focused
- National impact (voice)
- Grassroots mobilization
- Lifelong community