- Created: Tuesday, 01 June 2021 16:47
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of General Secretary/Chief Executive Officer.
GENERAL SECRETARY JOB OPPORTUNITY
The Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe (EFZ) is a not-for profit umbrella body for Pentecostal and Evangelical denominations and Para Church Organizations whose mission is to mobilize, empower and network Evangelicals for the accomplishment of the Great Commission in Zimbabwe. EFZ is seeking for a mature, dynamic, innovative and suitable Christian to fill a post that has risen in the Fellowship.
Job Title: General Secretary / Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: National Executive Committee Executive; President in particular
Job Location: Harare
To implement the strategic goals and objectives of the organization; and to give direction and management towards the achievement of the organization’s vision, mission and strategy; as well as to enable the National Executive Committee to fulfill its governance function.
- To support operations and administration of the National Executive Committee by informing them of the current status of the organization and advising members on preferred strategies and resolutions.
- To oversee the operations of the organization and manage its compliance with legal, regulatory requirements and organizational policies.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the Fellowship and the implementation of the strategic plan in order to achieve its organizational goals.
- To ensure efficient and effective running of the organization and ensure proper constitution administration.
- To lead the staff and motivate employees, to ensure employee engagement and to develop a high performing managerial team.
- To develop and monitor strategies for ensuring the long-term financial viability of the organization.
- To prepare operating plans that support the strategic direction set by the Board and correlates with annual operations budget.
- To manage the organization’s resources within stipulated budget guidelines.
- To ensure adherence to proper and sound financial management systems.
- To oversee fundraising planning and implementation including identifying resources requirements, researching funding sources establishing strategies to approach donor and submitting proposals and progress reports for funders.
- Serves as a primary liaison person in donor relationships.
- Together with the President, serves as the Spokesperson and representative for the organization.
- To act as a liaison between the organization and the community, other ecumenical bodies, regional and international partners.
- To promote the strengthening of EFZ Structures and ensures that the organization’s mission, vision and programs are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- To work with all Stakeholders to influence cooperation, increase understanding and facilitate collaboration towards the organization vision and mission.
- A university degree in leadership/management/business or any relevant social science degree, A master’s degree would be an added advantage
- At least a diploma in Theology or Pastoral Studies
- Should be an ordained Pastor
- At least 5 years of proven working experience in a very senior managerial position
- Experience in working with Churches, Civic Society, Government and Donors
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent public relations and communication skills
- The ideal person should not be less than 40 years of age
Conditions will be discussed with suitable candidates.
How to apply:
Suitable qualified candidates are invited to apply attaching their application letter, curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, copy of ID and a recommendation letter from their Head of Denomination to: (firstname.lastname@example.org) or hand deliver to EFZ National Office, 2 Maitland Avenue, Arcadia, Harare.
Closing date for applications:
All applications should be received not then 1600hrs (4pm) CAT on 30th June 2021
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED