- Created: Thursday, 22 November 2018 07:30
Pastoral Letter in light of the "Peace and Family Festival"
The Scriptures say:
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”- Isaiah 9:6
As the Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe (EFZ), representing evangelical and Pentecostal churches and para-church bodies, guided by our Statement of Faith and the Scriptures, keen to shepherd God’s people sacrificially and caringly, reiterate that WE DO NOT SHARE THE SAME BELIEFS AND VALUES with the hosts of “The Peace and Family Festival”.
We strongly believe in the following:
- Jesus is Many/ALL things to us His Church. He is All Sufficient to those that have received His gift of Salvation.
- His Blessing, His Intercession, His Protection, His Provision, His Peace, His Righteousness and His Name address every need of ours.
- He did not die PREMATURELY, or left any assignment INCOMPLETE as some would love us believe. There is no other Greater Prophet coming after Him. There is no other Messiah coming after Him.
- His Word is Life-Giving. His Sacrifice is Complete. His Service is Continual as High Priest and Mediator of the New Covenant.
- Fellow Christians, let us not be deceived by any-every wind/kind of doctrine, nor by the craftiness of mankind, nor by signs and wonders or the eloquence and opulence of mankind. Rather learn to judge all prophecy, teaching and doctrine, discerning what the Will of God is.
- Christ WAS, Christ IS, and Christ WILL ALWAYS BE THE SAVIOUR and REDEEMER of mankind and all his/her circumstances.
We thus call on the Churches to Prayer, making all kinds of “…prayers, supplications, intercessions, petitions and thanksgiving be made…” continually for the salvation of all Souls and the Unity of the Body of Christ in Jesus Name! - 1 Timothy 2:1-3
“And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”- Philippians 4:7.
By Order of the National Executive Committee
Pastor Trever Masuku – Acting President