To strengthen the capacity of the EFZ members by demonstrating the love of God through interventions that alleviate human suffering, save lives and promote life.
Key result areas
- Child Protection
- HIV and AIDS
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH)
- Sustainable Livelihoods
- Climate Change and Environmental Sustainability
EFZ facilitated improved access to safe drinking water to over 60 000 beneficiaries in Epworth, Murewa and Mutoko by drilling 26 new boreholes and rehabilitating 98 water supply systems over three years.
Approximately 98 000 people were reached with gospel messages through borehole drilling crusades.
Our interventions in Mutoko-Makora School New Project Case
- Provided educational assistance to 750 Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) in 14 schools in Chitungwiza through the Block Grant System under the Joint Initiative Program.
- Rolled out Support a Child Campaign Programme in Masvingo, Mashonaland Central and Harare that saw over 300 church leaders trained in Child Protection focusing on Statutory Frameworks that govern child protection in Zimbabwe.
- Supported Faith Based Networks in implementing National HIV and AIDS policies in Zimbabwe. This saw 350 secondary care givers, 400 youth peer educators and 263 pastors trained on pastoral care and counselling, Community and Home Based Care among other response interventions. 25 support groups and 32 youth clubs that foster behaviour change being formed
- EFZ trained 70 maternal health champions in Epworth who are facilitating awareness raising and knowledge transfer on maternal health issues.
- Working alongside EFZ member churches to implement lasting water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services —large or small scale, rural or urban—while bearing witness to Jesus Christ in word and deed-Water for Life in Jesus Name
- Building the advocacy capacity of the churches to meaningfully influence policies, sector guidelines, standards related to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene(WASH)
- Coordinate and network church’s effort on child protection
- Operationalize the EFZ Child protection policy
Strengthen and coordinate church HIV/AIDS Response
Implement the “EFZ every local church plant a tree Campaign” to be held on the first Sunday of December.