1962 - 2022
EFZ @ 60
This year, EFZ will be celebrating 60 years of ministry in the nation. Stay connected and you will be updated of news and events relating to #EFZat60
Read More +
The Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe continues to work to improve access to water in rural and peri-urban communities.
Read More +
BECOME A MEMBER
Find out how to become a member of the Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe. Download the Constitution and fill in the membership form.
News & Stories from Commissions & Current Projects
Welcome our General SecretaryThursday, 26 May 2022 14:53
Welcome our new General Secretary
ZHOCD By Elections StatementThursday, 10 February 2022 10:34
ZHOCD By Elections Statement - "The Elections We Want"
Peace and Justice Commission in PicturesTuesday, 17 August 2021 12:30
Activities in Pictures
A call for Justice for Memory MachayaTuesday, 17 August 2021 10:02
Joint Pastoral Letter of the EFZ National Executive Committee and the National Advisory CouncilSaturday, 14 August 2021 09:07
Become A Member
- Created: Tuesday, 16 March 2021 11:26
Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe (EFZ) established in 1962, is a membership-based voluntary national Fellowship composed of church denominations, Para church bodies, Christian organizations and individuals adhering to the common beliefs attributed to evangelical and Pentecostal Christian orthodoxy. Evangelicals join in fellowship to proclaim and demonstrate the Whole Gospel of the Kingdom of God saving the soul, body and spirit. This is done through facilitating fellowship and ministry of member bodies, ministering to the nation and providing humanitarian, relief, advocacy, counsel, peace building, development services, women and youth empowerment and entrepreneurship. EFZ has a membership of over 900 members and is active in all 10 Provinces of the Country.
Objectives of Membership
- To propagate and disseminate the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ by whatever moral and legal means available.
- To empower and mobilize member bodies in their different wholistic ministries through the following commissions:
- Humanitarian, Relief and Development Commission
- Ministry Development Commission
- Peace and Justice Commission
- Gender Development Commission
- Research and Development Commission
- To provide for spiritual fellowship among evangelical Christians as a means of united action in promoting Bible teaching, prayer and evangelical ministries in accordance with the evangelical faith outlined in the Fellowship Statement of Faith directed toward the perfecting of individual members, the edification and renewal of the church of Jesus Christ, and salvation of lost souls.
- To work together with a view to awakening Christian people to the dangers of unbiblical trends and that form of ecumenicity which is achieved at the expense of vital Christian truth.
- To facilitate the operation of programmes and/or institutions such as seminars, conferences, training programmes, financial programmes and interest networks
Benefits of Being a Member
The Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe provides the following services to its members derived from her vision, mission, values and objectives:
- Safeguarding the freedoms of worship
- A united Evangelical voice and platform for engagement with key stakeholders
- Coordinating national dialogues and engagements
- A platform for mobilization for gospel proclamation
- A platform for empowering members around the 5 Commissions
- A platform for networking Churches and Leaders
- An accountability and self regulatory mechanism
- Conflict resolution and mediation support
- Public endorsements recognized by State and Government Agencies
- Organizational development support
- Capacity development services
- Church empowerment for the Great Commission
- Link with the regional and international ecumenical groups and networks
- Establishing partnerships with members in ministry activities
- Representation of the collective body of members at the international level
To begin the process of becoming a member, please download and fill in the membership form below together with the constitution. When done, please send the form to email@example.com .
Statement of Faith
- Created: Tuesday, 11 February 2020 11:23
Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe (EFZ) established in 1962, is a membership-based voluntary national Fellowship composed of church denominations, Para church bodies, Christian organizations and individuals adhering to the common beliefs attributed to evangelical and Pentecostal Christian orthodoxy. Evangelicals join in fellowship to proclaim and demonstrate the Whole Gospel of the Kingdom of God saving the soul, body and spirit. This is done through facilitating fellowship and ministry of member bodies, ministering to the nation and providing humanitarian, relief, advocacy, counsel, peace building, development services, women and youth empowerment and entrepreneurship. EFZ has a membership of over 800 members and is active in all 10 Provinces of the Country.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Holy Scriptures as originally given by God to be divinely inspired, infallible without error and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (2 Timothy 3:16; Peter 1:21; Matthew 24:35; Psalm 119:105).
- We believe in our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, and His personal return in power and glory. (Colossians 2:9; Isaiah 7:14; Hebrews 4:15; Acts 2:22; 1 Peter 1:3/3:18; Mark 16:19; 1 Timothy 2:5; Luke 21:27)
- We believe that, because of sin, the entire human race is lost and that lost, sinful men can only be saved through the atoning death, shed blood, and resurrection of the Lord through the regeneration of the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:8; 1 Peter 1:19- 20; Romans 10:9; Ephesians 2:9; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit whose ministry is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ to convict the world of sin and to regenerate the sinner upon believing in Christ and to indwell the believer sanctifying him through the truth and enabling him to live a holy life and to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ (John 6:63; John16:8,13,14; 1 John 5:1; Romans 8:9; 1 Peter 1:2; Acts 1:8).
- We believe that the church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ, having been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, are spiritually united in the body of Christ, of which he is the head (Acts 2:47; 1 Corinthians 12:24,27; Colossians 1:18).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead of the believers to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord and of the unbelievers to judgement and everlasting conscious punishment. (John 5:28; John 29; 1 Thessalonians 4:16/17; Revelation 20:11-15).
Who We Are
- Created: Thursday, 21 September 2017 17:44
What is Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe?
In 1962, a few Evangelical Church leaders came together to form what is now known as the Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe (EFZ). Over the years its membership has grown to over 900 member bodies comprising Denominations, Church Bodies, Ministries and Para-Church Organizations. The Fellowship represents over 4.5 million individual members.
Over the years the EFZ has become a strong, growing and unifying platform for preaching the Gospel, equipping church leaders and facilitating fellowship and joint ministry, meeting the needs of vulnerable communities and being a positive influence in nation-building efforts. Local and International funding partners have played a significant role in assisting the EFZ to fulfil its holistic mandate of being salt and light to the nation; and some of the partners included IOM, Mercy Corps, Higher Life International, Tearfund, Living Water International, World Vision, EU, ISO23, Africare, CCSF and EPOIZ among many others.
Our Mission Statement
To mobilize, empower and network Evangelicals for the accomplishment of the Great Commission in Zimbabwe.
Our Core Values
- Missional in orientation
- Unity in diversity
- Integrity in stewardship
- Christo-centric in nature
- Biblical in stance
- Collaborative in execution
- Non-partisan in politics
Our Governance Structure
The Governance and operational structure of the EFZ comprises the following:
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) convenes annually and is the highest policy making body comprising Heads of Denominations (HoDs), and is responsible for transacting AGM business which includes among other things consideration of reports, ratification of pertinent matters and deliberating on the vision and mission of the fellowship.
- National Executive Committee (NEC) is the governing council and its membership comprises the President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary and Committee Members who are Chairpersons of Provincial Committees, the National Chairwoman and National Secretary of the Women’s Committee, and the General Secretary who is an ex-officio member. It is dedicated to advancing EFZ’s mission, values, strategies, policies and priorities.
- Provincial Committees are responsible for decentralized activities at the provincial level, including planning, facilitation, and coordination of programs. They formulate strategy for funding, administration and effective implementation of programs in their respective Districts/Zones and wards.
- Executive Management Committee is a secretariat arm led by the General Secretary, comprising the Heads of Programs, Finance and Human Resources and Administration. It is responsible for day-to-day oversight of the secretariat.
Strategic Goals 2020
- Rediscovering Our Identity
- Rediscovering Our Voice
- Refocusing On Mission
What guides our approach to goals
- Value addition to member experience
- Fellowship in community
- Kingdom focused
- National impact (voice)
- Grassroots mobilization
- Lifelong community
Strategic Goals 2021 and beyond
To ensure our relevance and effectiveness as Evangelicals, the organisation has 3 main strategic goals. #IdentityVoiceMission
Rediscovering Our Identity
Who we are and our purpose in the Nation & across the globe.
Rediscovering Our Voice
as God’s people, God’s ambassadors and God’s mouthpiece
We are affiliated to the Association of Evangelicals in Africa and the World Evangelical Alliance.
EFZ is also a founding member of the Zimbabwe Heads of Christian Denominations.
...Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
A Proverb a day // Audio Bible Reading